The Winnetka Youth Organization’s mission is to foster individual development in adolescents by providing adult-to-youth mentoring with opportunities for leadership, citizenship and education within a positive, encouraging environment. Through our diverse positive youth development initiatives, we empower adolescents to become more active community members and leaders, while also giving them opportunities to develop confidence in their own talents and skills.
- Group Sizes – Youth programs and meetings are limited to 10 participants.
- Sanitization – WYO has taken extra steps for additional cleaning and sanitization including hand sanitizing stations and equipping Staff with hand sanitizer and proper cleaning supplies.
- Social Distancing – Participants will be expected to maintain 6 feet of social distance at all times.
- Equipment – Sharing of supplies and equipment will be limited and any items that will be shared will be thoroughly sanitized between usages.
- Face Coverings – All WYO Staff and Youth must wear face coverings while participating in WYO programming. (Masks and hand sanitizer are provided by WYO)
*Youth should remain home if:
- Anyone in the immediate household has recently tested positive for COVID-19.
- Has been exposed to a positive COVID-19 case.
- Has recently travelled to any of the states on the IL travel quarantine list.
- If any of the above apply, Youth should quarantine for 10 days prior to returning to In-person WYO programming.
- Questions? email: email@example.com or call: 847-446-0443
Join our Newsletter!
Make sure you sign-up for our monthly newsletter full of events, news and all things great at the WYO
Virtual: Monday – Friday : 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM
In-person: Monday – Friday : 3 PM – 7 PM
Saturday/Sunday: Social Service Days
Sign-up for any drop-in day and/or programming at : firstname.lastname@example.org
What our teens think
“I had a great time during my interactions with the WYO. I am happy to be a part of this group. My first experience with the WYO is the house renovation. After that, I volunteered for the Kids Against Hunger event. To me, the WYO is a great place to make new friends, hang out with friends, practice problem-solving skills, and volunteer to do something for other people. I will keep participating in volunteer events in the future. The WYO is a place to have fun”
“My favorite part of the WYO is I get to perform here!”
“I love the youth organization because we can just be ourselves and have fun in all the activities we do.”
“When we were at the WYO and we played our first show, we got a lot of connections to cool people, cool venues, and made friends. So that’s really nice, and it kind of started us actually having shows, and not just playing around Wilmette. So that’s really cool. So thanks to the WYO and everybody involved!”
“The organization is succeeding, and bringing people into the spirit of service.”
“This is a really good organization and more teens should come. We have different, fun activities.”