50th Anniversary Benefit
Join us on Saturday, April 13th, 2019 at the Sheridan Shore Yacht Club!
- Providing a positive, safe environment where young people can be recognized as individuals
- Engaging youth in programs designed to develop leadership skills, enhance positive social skills and self-esteem, and advance constructive behavior patterns
- Sponsoring activities that promote cultural competency and understanding of others
- Assisting in meeting youth needs for friendship, status, safety, and adult mentoring
- Offering programs and services that are positive alternatives to adolescent high risk behaviors
- Facilitating cooperation and communication between the teen population & the community at large
- Enlisting the support of community members, agencies, and institutions to share financial and physical resources to strengthen service youth.
WE STRIVE TO HELP TEENS BE THEIR AUTHENTIC SELVES.
WYO’s Teen Drop-In Center Hours
Friday: 3 PM – 9 PM
Saturday: Social Service Days
TEEN OF THE MOMENT
Aaron Lariosa, Youth Board Member and WYO Volunteer
When not at the WYO, Aaron is involved in several after school clubs at New Trier, where he is a sophomore. These include Model United Nations, Out Of The Box Club, and Japanese Club. Aaron says that very few people are aware of his volunteering, and that “nobody really knows [he does] that kind of stuff.”
One of Aaron’s greatest role models is a teacher that he had growing up, who taught him to “always follow what you want in the end no matter what anyone else says.” While Aaron does not know yet what he aspires to be in the future, there is no doubt that he will pursue it with as much dedication as he does his volunteering.
The WYO loves having Aaron as part of our community!
Board of Directors Chair
Youth Board President
What our teens think
Our Sponsors. We Thank You.
Winnetka Youth Organization
620 Lincoln Avenue, Winnetka, IL. 60093