Social Service Saturdays
We care about our community
The Winnetka Youth Organization (“WYO”) offers social service opportunities every Saturday that help cultivate interests, increase hands-on involvement in the community, and allow teens to gain a new perspective on life.
A few examples of Social Service Saturdays include:
- Participation in the Kids Against Hunger event to package meals for hungry children
- Book sorting at Bernie’s Book Bank which donates books to children without access to them
- Maintain our local forest preserves by removing invasive species and planting
- Serving meals at the First Presbyterian Church of Evanston’s soup kitchen
- Collecting and packaging basic needs care packages to the Chicago area homeless with the Night Ministry
- Managing the Family Stage booth of activities at the Winnetka Music Festival
- & many more!
keeping record of your HOURS
It’s recommended that teens who volunteer with the Winnetka Youth Organization keep a log of their hours by printing and filling out this form. If you need your hours validated for employer or school purposes, please ask the WYO staff on duty to sign your log sheet.
Please note: the WYO is not responsible for keeping record of volunteer’s hours.
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
For teens who keep record of their hours and volunteer more than 50 hours in one year with the Winnetka Youth Organization, are eligible to receive a letter of recommendation by the WYO Executive Director (upon request).
COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS
The Winnetka Youth Organization partners with local courthouses and Peer Jury’s to offer teens in need of mandatory service hours a space to complete them. Teens who need hours should schedule a time to meet with the Executive Director to complete the appropriate paperwork and review expectations.
To complete your community service hours with the Winnetka Youth Organization, please email email@example.com or call 847.446.0443.
Service Dedication Award
The Service Dedication Award is given to honor teens that are heavily involved in our social service events. Recipients of this award have shown a strong desire to participate in volunteering of all kinds and commit to attending volunteer events monthly.